Sunday, February 24, 2013

giant star quilt

Finished this quilt based on Jeni's tutorial over at in color order.  I was also inspired by Katy's velveteen version over at  imagingermonkey.
Mostly Anna Maria Horner fat quarters that I had in my stash.  I added the small bits that were trimmed from the fat quarters to the border.  I really like how it added to the frame of the star

Close up of the straight line hanging basket quilting

Back is a stripe by Denyse Schmidt.  Really like this stripe and it is on sale at  a number of on line shops.



I just love the citron crosshatch sketch.  This will be mailed off to my former graduate school advisor tomorrow.  He recently moved and I thought it would be a nice house warming gift to let him know he is in my thoughts.
Quilt stats:
Finished size:  ~68x68
Quilted:  by me in a hanging basket design.

4 comments:

  1. Love Jeni from In Color Order and your take on this gorgeous quilt!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Every comment I get makes me smile. Thanks for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt! The colors and fabrics are amazing!

    ReplyDelete