I finished my summer sampler quilt which I named primary colors. I free motion quilted it in big loops. I had a scare as one the colors bleed when I washed it. It took soaking in oxyclean and four cycles through the wash with color catchers to eliminate the bleed.
Leftover puppy fabric used on the back
This turquoise was the bleeder.
We are celebrating my husbands birthday and 10 years cancer free this afternoon. This is looking like a gorgeous day here in Michigan.
I am entering my Gwen Marston inspired mug rug in the bloggers quilt festival mini category. We held an on line activity with our modern quilt guild. A link to our guidelines is here. It has been quite a while since I entered in the quilt festival.
Here it is in progress. I used a number of scraps I had left over from my summer sampler series paper piecing project.
We made mug rugs for our modern quilt guild swap. The only picture I snapped of the finished quilt was just prior to the swap.
I was number 2
I did add a little free motion quilting to practice as it was such a small piece.
Quilt stats: 6"x12"
pieced and quilted by me.
Here is a picture of the one I won. Awesome! The hubby wanted it but I won't let him have it.
I finally got around to putting together the blocks from the summer sampler series. A few points were cut off. No quilt police around to arrest me so I am pretty happy that this top is done. I plan to get this quilted up for a co-workers grandson. I was able to use up some flying geese blocks that I had laying around. I made them work by using what I learned in the medallion quilt class I took with Gwen Marston.
A gorgeous day here. Hope you are having a great Sunday.