Friday, March 30, 2012

Snappy spring

A blouse I finished recently.  McCalls M5433 a Palmer Pletsch pattern. The pattern walks you through how to fit a shirt and  guides you through the tissue fitting process.  No "muslin" to make. I took a class and purchased the fabric from fabrications a local fabric shop.

I used the snapsetter tool that I purchased a few years ago to put on size 16 open prong ring snaps then affixed a hot fix flatback crystal in the center.  For the size 16 you need the 34ss (7.2mm) crystal.  I was impressed that the crystals stayed attached through the wash and dry cycle.  You also need a rhinestone applicator tool.  I purchased my  swarowski crystals and tool from jewelrysupply.  I really like the white collar and cuffs.  It makes it look fresh and light.



No comments:

Post a Comment